Nurse Leader Fellows Eligibility
Applicants must come from the list of eligible, academic nursing programs and hold a permanent, career position. Visiting or contract faculty roles are not eligible.
Or, applicants may come from a major health system or organization with a demonstrated commitment to nursing science, innovation and leadership as evidenced by at least one of these criteria:
- A position dedicated to nursing research or innovation
- Presence of a nursing research unit, center for innovation or evidence-based practice
- Magnet Recognition Program designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
All applicants must also submit a nomination from a nursing school dean or chief executive at their organizations. An institution may nominate up to two applicants; but only one can be selected. The nomination must include a statement of commitment to provide the nominee with at least 30% release time throughout the three-year fellowship.
Applicant eligibility (for 2021 applicants)
- Be five to 10 years post-PhD (PhD conferred between 2011-2016)
- Hold at least one degree in nursing or nursing science from an accredited nursing school or college
- Firmly commit to at least 30% effort for the fellowship effective July 1
- Commit to attend the annual convocation
- Commit to participate in the online mentorship and learning community